Are you looking for a fun way to stay in shape? Are you looking for a way to keep your kids active and to encourage their love of music and dance? Whatever the case may be, you should look into enrolling you or your kids into one of our dance classes at Dance Maker in Colesville, MD. We offer a variety of different dance classes that are sure to meet your unique interests. The following are a few of the dance classes that we offer in Colesville, MD:
- Hip-Hop Dance Classes – There are few types of dance that are as modern or as popular as hip-hop dance. Our hip-hop dance instructors combine the use of some of the most popular hip-hop songs and dance styles that are currently trending in order to teach students isolated dance moves. Hip-hop dance classes are a great way to learn how to loosen up as well as to improve your rhythm. Additionally, they are a great way to improve your cardiovascular health, stamina, strength, and confidence.
- Ballet Dance Classes – Ballet, with its focus on grace and poise, is arguably the opposite of the more energetic qualities of hip-hop dance. It’s more traditional and more classical, but it’s also an excellent as a foundation to all types of dance, including hip-hop, due to the fact that students will develop their coordination, flexibility, body awareness, discipline, and more.
- Jazz Dance Classes – Our jazz dance classes are influenced by theatrical jazz, contemporary funk, and hip-hop. Instructors focus on teaching isolated movements, footwork, and stretches. Like jazz music, jazz dance also focuses on improvisation. Not only will you learn how to improvise using the movements you learn, but you’ll also improve your rhythm, concentration, creativity, strength, flexibility, and more.
- Lyrical Dance Classes – If you like the improvisation of jazz dance, then you may want to try out our lyrical dance classes. Lyrical dance classes combine fluid jazz, classical ballet, and more performance-based contemporary dance styles. Lyrical dance is unique in that it allows for a great deal of personal expression due to the focus on improvisation using learned movements.
- Tap Dance Classes – Tap dance classes are perfect for anyone with an interest in percussion instruments because of the fact that by tap dancing, you’re basically creating music at the same time. Tap dancing classes teach students rhythm, cooperation, body awareness, and self-confidence.
- KinderDanz – If you have children aged three or four and want to get them started early, then enroll them in our KinderDanz classes. Our KinderDanz classes are designed specifically for pre-school aged children and focus on helping them develop a love for dance.
These dance classes are a great way to improve your ability to dance, learn about different dance styles, and greatly improve your physical health. If you’re interested in taking one of our dance classes in Colesville, MD or would like to enroll your child, then be sure to call us at (301) 731-0003 or visit us at Dance Makers online for more information.