Although there are many different styles of dance out there, lyrical dance is certainly one of the most expressive. As a contemporary style of dance, lyrical combines jazz and ballet techniques and is performed to music that has strong lyrics that inspire the dancer to express their feelings through their movements. If your child has an interest in music or dancing, then enrolling them in our lyrical dance classes will help them build self-confidence while still learning in a fun environment!
What makes lyrical dance so unique is that it teaches students some of the basics in a variety of dance styles, including jazz, ballet, and contemporary dance. Students then use what they learn to improvise to the lyrics of any given song.
Experience the beauty of lyrical dances today! Contact us to learn about enrollment and class schedules in Crofton.
Lyrical Dance Class Benefits
Discover the Advantages of Our Lyrical Dance Classes in Crofton, MD
Lyrical dance routines are dynamic while allowing dancers to focus on their expression. The following are just a few of the benefits that your child can enjoy by taking our lyrical dance classes:
- Fitness – Students will develop and improve their strength, stamina, flexibility, and balance as they continue to learn different dance moves in our lyrical dance classes.
- Confidence – By improving their fitness and learning dance moves, students will improve their confidence, which will translate throughout their lives.
- Expression – The ability to take the dance moves they’ve learned and to improvise in their unique way allows students to express themselves.
- Passion – Even if students only have a passing interest in dance and music, lyrical dance classes are a great way to increase that interest and to develop them into a real passion.
- Foundation – By learning jazz, ballet, and contemporary dance styles, students have a solid foundation on which to build their passion for dance.
Ready to start enjoying the benefits of lyrical dance? Contact us today to enroll now in our Crofton classes!
Dance Makers’ Lyrical Dance Classes in Crofton
Our lyrical dance classes for beginners provide a safe and friendly environment in which students can learn the fundamentals of jazz, ballet, and modern dance. If you have elementary school-aged children who have a passion for dance or music, then enrolling them in lyrical dance classes can help to encourage their passion and interest.
Lyrical dance classes provide a great balance between discipline and expression, which is particularly beneficial for children. Lyrical dance can be enjoyed by children of all ages! Even tweens and teens love our classes.
Learn more about our entire class curriculum in Crofton to find out which style best suits you or your child!
Dance Makers—Fun & Friendly Lyrical Dance Classes in Crofton, MD
Dance Makers, Inc.’s mission is to save and strengthen youth by promoting their mental and physical well-being while encouraging their creativity through the study of dance and other performing arts. We are dedicated to the development of creativity and artistic talent in youth, especially disadvantaged youth from diverse cultural backgrounds. Dance Makers’ certified instructors are committed to quality dance education and professionalism. It is our goal that students enjoy dance while learning proper technique and discipline.
Want to learn more about our other classes or enrollment in Crofton? Call us today at (301) 731-0003 or contact us online.