Our before and after school program, called One Step Forward Before and After School Program, has a mission to provide at-risk youth with a safe, stimulating, and nurturing place to grow academically, emotionally, and creatively. Our primary focus is to “keep our youth off the streets”, while instilling integrity & diversity.
The purpose of the program is to develop our youth in performing arts as well as education. OSF provides supervised homework completion, an afternoon snack, afternoon supper and one hour of creative dance movement.
One Step Forward is currently serving:
- C.T. Reed
- Glenn Dale
- High Bridge
- James McHenry
- Robert Goddard
- Thomas Pullen Elementary Schools
- Thomas Johnson Middle School
- Turning Point Academy
Spaces will be limited to fifteen students per school. *Additional schools may be added upon request.
The hours of operation are Monday-Friday 6:30am-9:00am and 2:00pm-6:30pm. All students must be picked-up by 6:30pm each day.
Benefits of Our Seabrook, MD Area After School Dance Program
There are several benefits to enrolling your child in our after school dance program. In addition to the obvious benefits of adult supervision and homework assistance, dance can provide many benefits to your child, including:
- Physical Benefits: Whether your child is still a toddler or already a growing child, after school dance programs offer many physical benefits. Dance allows your child to practice coordination, strength and endurance on a regular basis. Your child will learn to move his or her entire body and put his natural energy to good use.
- Emotional Growth: Parents know very well the ups and downs of a child’s emotions. As your child matures, dance classes can provide a healthy way of releasing and expressing emotions in various ways. Structured classes with other children allow youngsters to learn appropriate ways to deal with a wide range of emotions.
- Social Growth: By the time a child reaches three or four years old, he or she is likely beginning to see herself in relation to other kids. A child’s self-centered world typically opens up and allows others to enter. However, that doesn’t come without much learning and practice. After school dance classes allow children to practice social skills in a positive way. Over time, your child will learn the value of cooperation, teamwork and sharing.
- Brain Development: Physical movement is closely linked to brain development and activity in children and adults. Dance provides opportunities for kids to practice movement beginning with the thought and ending in an action. Children learn that new movements take more thought, becoming easier as the body and the mind work together to produce a flowing sequence of moves over time and practice. The connections made in your child’s brain will be there, whether he’s doing his math homework or learning a new dance step.
Seabrook After School Dance Program Offerings
Consider enrolling your child in our Maryland after school dance program today. You’ll see positive results in all areas of your child’s life. Remember there are tons of options when it comes to dance.
Your child might enjoy:
Let your child experience a few different genres before narrowing it down to one choice. Stay positive and watch your child’s social, emotional and physical health blossom before you.
Learn More About our After School Dance Program Serving Seabrook, MD Schools
Give your child a safe and productive environment after school. Our program affords your child an opportunity to get help with homework, interact with other students, and explore a new skill.